Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My favorite day so far this year
















Growing up, we went to many ball games. It is one of my most treasured childhood memories. My dad has always loved baseball, and so I can remember several occasions of attending games growing up, hot dog in hand, cheering on the batter as he hits a grand slam.

I have never been someone who likes watching sports on television, but there is nothing like being at a live sporting event, surrounded by all the people you love and care about.

For Fathers Day this year we all pitched in and bought tickets to the first Friday game in June. They were just GA seats, nothing special, but they were the perfect seats for us. The grass was nice and cool and Grayson could run around to his little hearts desire. He could not resist running up to the fence and yelling as someone threw or hit the ball.

We all got Hot Dogs, most of us opting for the Chicago or All-Star Dogs. The All-Star dogs were a foot long and loaded down with all kinds of peppers, onions and cheese- Scott and I both agreed we should have shared one, but Grayson enjoyed playing in the leftovers. He enjoyed eating Gigi's Dippin Dots and Aunt Ashli's snow cone even more, but that is to be expected of a one-year-old.

As the sun set behind the stadium and the great big flood lights filled the arena, the night sky looked beautiful, and the weather settled to a lovely 80 degrees. It was by far the perfect night in every way- we all laughed as we wore our mustaches (It was Mustache Day at the stadium and they handed one of these beauty's out to everyone who walked in the door), were given one of the official baseballs and had it signed by the Bee's Mascot, Bumble and in general just had the best time. If I had to pick one night this year to live over and over it would be this night. There was not a single moment I did not enjoy myself. It is one of the nights in my life I can honestly say was perfect, and I am filled with such gratitude that I have such wonderful people in my life. I feel truly blessed.

1 comment:

Lesa's News said...

Ditto in every way :)
Such a wonderful night with my BEAUTIFUL family! A special moment I will always treasure. Thanks honey!